I like this. I really do. From The Australian.
KEYSAR Trad, the long-time spokesman for Muslim cleric Taj Din al-Hilali, was yesterday (it is tomorrow in Australian already) denounced as "racist", "offensive" and "untruthful" by the Supreme Court judge who rejected his defamation claim against radio station 2GB.
Judge Peter McClellan said he agreed Mr Trad "incites acts of violence, incites racist attitudes, is dangerous and perhaps most significantly is a disgraceful individual".
He added that the founder of the Islamic Friendship Association held views that were "entirely repugnant" to most Australians. They included:
* Defending the stoning of a women for adultery in Nigeria;
* Condoning suicide bombers and the use of children as martyrs;
* Calling homosexuality "a depraved carnal pursuit" that should be criminalised;
* Regarding Anglo-Irish Australians as "unworthy descendants of criminal dregs";
* Joking about rapes committed by the Bilal Skaf gang;
* Believing America poses a greater threat to Australia than radical Islam; and
* Endorsing Hilali speeches which described the September 11 attacks as "blessings" and excused rapes on women who dressed like "uncovered meat".
Mr Trad had also hosted a web page with links to anti-Semitic sites and Adolf Hitler's manifesto Mein Kampf: "He must be regarded as having apparent sympathies for the views of Adolf Hitler," Justice McClellan said.
He said Mr Trad had never condemned the sheik's views, which he suggested on many occasions would have been "the only appropriate response".
Mr Trad, who faces up to $400,000 in costs, was devastated by the decision and said there would be an appeal. "I disagree with the judgment and what the judge said about me," he said.
I like Judge Peter McClellan, I really do. He seems to have his commonsense button switched "On", plus a fully-functioning BS Detector. I love, how I love his phrasing - "a disgraceful individual". I wonder what his tone was as he pronounced it? Oh to have been a fly on the wall of that courtroom when that peroration was delivered.
Given that this is a judge of the supreme court, it seems to me that any further appeal by Mr Trad is likely to be shot down in flames.
Of course, what needs to happen now is for the reporter and editor at The Australian to do a little quiet lurking at this and at other sites such as jihadwatch, or pick up a book or two by the likes of Nonie Darwish and Robert Spencer and Andrew Bostom, so as to discover that every one of the repugnant attitudes manifestly held and expressed by Mr Trad (e.g. misogyny, homophobia, antisemitism) and so ably enumerated and condemned by the Judge, are the fruit of mainstream Quran-Sira-Hadith Islam. That there are millions upon millions of Keysar Trads (and worse) out there.